So the lovely Sarah at Beauty and Brushes nominated me for a liebster award! Essentially this is an award that bloggers award to other bloggers with less than 200 followers, as a way to build the blogging community and so we can all get to know each other.
Obviously this is only a very new blog so definitely needs some love so thank you so much to Sarah for the nomination you can check out her very lovely blog here!
The instructions of the Liebster Award are:
*Thank your nominator and link their blog
*Write 11 facts about yourself
*Answer 11 questions that your nominator set for you and devise you own set of 11 questions.
*Tag 5 or 11 other blogs for the award, they must have less than 200 followers. Don’t forget to inform them and link back your post so they know the details
So first up eleven facts about me!
- I am obsessed with pigs. I really love them and would love a pet pig of my own one day. My favourite types are tea cup pigs and Vietnamese pot belly pigs so a bit of a difference size wise but I adore them both.
- I love all things pink and sparkly, if it’s pink and glittery that would be even better and I’m generally a very girly girl.
- I love animals and have all my future pets picked out and named already. There is a pig who will be called Mikhail Gorbachop, a bulldog called Bunberry and a sour looking Persian cat (the angrier looking the better) called Sir Grumbles.
- I gave up red meat forever more from the age of fifteen after falling in love with a cow called Dolly.
- I’m currently studying Journalism and love it bar the assignment fear I have at the moment.
- I am terribly shy especially when I meet people for the first time and am terrible at putting myself out there but I’m working on it.
- I have a really evil but infectious laugh so I’ve been told.
- I love reading and am a freakishly fast reader I frequently read a book in one sitting and if I don’t have time for that it would rarely take me longer than two days.
- I am terrified of clowns and nearly cried when I had to serve one in a shop where I worked in college.
- I’m a very affectionate person and love hugs I’d hug everyone. My boyfriend is not a hugger and so do you remember the cartoon Pepe le pew? Yea that’s me….
- I would much rather spend my money on skincare than anything else and my skincare product piggery is out of hand!
Sarah’s questions to me!
1. When did you start your blog and why?
I started my blog A Pink Tinted World just three weeks ago so it’s only a baby. I love writing and all things beauty so I’ve wanted to start this blog for about two years but I was too nervous to take the plunge so I’m glad I’ve finally done it.
2. What is your most expensive piece of make-up?
I don’t really have any high end make up so the most expensive make up item I bought was probably one of my Benefit palette’s Scene Queen. Around the €40 mark it was a bit of a steal when you consider it contained a blusher, four eye shadows, an eye-liner a mini high beam, and a lip gloss!
3. What brand of brushes do you use?
I have a mixture of real techniques brushes and blank canvas cosmetics brushes and I love both brands hugely.
4. What would you describe your style as?
I favour classic and quirky items, so I think my style is a random hybrid of that.
5. What is your favourite type/pair of shoes?
My favourite shoes are my Christian Louboutin Bianca black stilettos my boyfriend got me one Christmas. He is still in the good books!
6. How & where do you store your make-up and brushes?
I am terrible at storage, I really need to organise one storage solution stat. Currently my make-up lives in a combination of baskets, make up bags and drawers and is extremely un-organised.
7. What one item is always in your handbag?
I am terrible and carry everything but the kitchen sink in my handbag so honestly it would be easier to tell you what isn’t my handbag which is…. Emmm will have to get back to you on that.
8. Do you own more high end or drug store make-up?
I mostly favour brands like Benefit, so about middle of the range price wise.
9. What is your favourite TV show & why?
I love Gossip Girl, I want their lives, hair, make up, clothes and bank balance. Serious girl crushes!
10. Describe your skin care regime.
I am an absolute skincare junkie. If it does something to my skin I want it! I use a shameful amount of products. So morning it goes, cleanse, tone, Hydraluron, serum, eye cream, moisturiser, spf and then evening is double cleanse, tone, Hydraluron, serum, eye cream, moisturiser and then exfoliate every second day and a mask three times a week. I really miss just falling into bed and not caring sigh!
11. Daddy or chips?
Daddy bringing home chips?
My questions to you!
- What’s your dream job?
- Your three desert island essentials?
- Who’s your favourite person?
- Favourite make up brand?
- Favourite place to shop?
- What makes you smile?
- What is your biggest make up/skincare sin?
- What is your favourite thing about blogging?
- Why did you start your blog?
- Who is your idol?
- What’s your best beauty tip?
Sarah – Beauty Angel
Grace – Ziegfeld Girl Beauty
Alice – Pink Glitter 10
Sarah – Princesswatshername
Sinead –The Beautiful Truth
Emma and Cora- My Face Hates me
Gilly – My beautiful daydream
Yvonne – One for the wishlist
Kerrie and Aishling – Sempre Sorres